When you make a sale through Endless Aisles, you’re selling products that you do not inventory. We’ve tried to keep invoicing as simple and as similar to how you normally get an invoice for products you purchase through Phillips. Below is an outline for how invoicing works with Endless Aisles:
- Your store makes the sale behind the counter via the Endless Aisles platform login, and revenue is processed by your Stripe account. Or, your customer checks out on your site, and revenue is processed in your eCommerce platform.
- Order gets sent to our warehouse
- We pick, pack, and ship the order to your customer with your store’s name on the box
The shipment triggers the invoicing process
- There will be one line for each order on your Phillips Account Invoice. Each order will include a note, that will list the items on the order in detail.
- Because you processed the revenue at your Stripe account or on your site, your invoice will show a debit representing the costs associated with your Endless Aisles order (product costs plus shipping and handling).
- You will receive a Phillip's invoice with the same terms as you have on your current Phillips account
- Your invoice will have order level information, including the order number shown in your Endless Aisles account
- Endless Aisles will have a report where you'll see all orders taken through both Special Order and the eCommerce Plugin, broken down
- You'll easily be able to compare this to your transaction reports in your eCommerce platform.