Once you’re set up with Endless Aisles Special Ordering and/or E-commerce Plugin, you’ll need to make sure your store associates are trained and know how to use it. We’ve made the interface super simple to use, so we’re confident they’ll get up to speed in no time.
To make sure your customers know you offer home delivery on items you don’t have in stock, you’ll need to talk to them! The most successful examples we’ve seen ensure their store associates and marketing materials communicate that if a customer doesn’t see it on the shelf, they should ask.
If a customer isn’t checking out with food in their basket, ask them where they’re buying their food these days - if they say online, you can now also offer them home delivery in 1-2 days, and the ability to place orders with you anytime and anywhere via your online store. Our research shows that independent customers want to shop with you, but crave the convenience of online - you can now offer that to them!
Additional ways you can promote your site and additional product offering:
- Set up signs in your store or have your associates wear t-shirts reading: “Don’t see what you need? Ask us!”
- Send newsletters to your e-mail list announcing that you can now ship 1,000’s of items in 1-2 days.
- Add your website address to your receipts, shopping bags and any other marketing materials a customer might interact with.
- Set up your business on Yelp, where customers can leave reviews, get offers and learn more about your offering. Featuring your website URL means customers can easily access your site and more information about your store.
- Keep your social media accounts updated with new products, offers and category spotlights, and link them back to your site