With Endless Aisles Special Ordering Kiosk Mode, customers can browse your Endless Aisles product catalog in-store themselves and get items shipped to their homes at the click of a button. Simply log in to Endless Aisles on the device of your choice and create a Kiosk-Mode account for the public! Watch this video for step-by-step instructions on how to set up a Kiosk-Mode account under your Endless Aisles account.
Please note that our team needs to set up your Endless Aisles Special Ordering account with access to Kiosk Mode. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on how to get set up.
To help you prepare your kiosk for customer use, we have some recommended security guidelines that you should consider before setting up Endless Aisles Kiosk Mode for Special Ordering on a device in your store.
Display: There are a few things to keep in mind when it comes to how you display the device you’ll be using for Endless Aisles Special Ordering Kiosk Mode.
- We strongly suggest that you use an iPad as your public device because it has a built-in guided user mode that prevents a few data security vulnerabilities that can be a risk with other devices.
- Place your kiosk in a well-lit area in front of your products; this way users will be attracted to the kiosk if they can’t find what they are looking for. It will also mean that you’ll easily be able to see if anyone is doing something out-of-the ordinary or suspicious at the kiosk.
- Purchase an anti-theft kiosk display and stand for maximum safety. We recommend the Vivo Anti-Theft Key & Lock Floor Stand Kiosk.
- Install Privacy screens on the kiosk to make it difficult for anyone else to see what your customer is typing into the tablet.
Tech: Below are a few points that we recommend to ensure that the technology and hardware you’re using is safe for multi-user use in a public setting.
- Deploy kiosks on their own dedicated networks while utilizing firewalls and other intrusion prevention systems.
- Use operating systems specifically designed for kiosks to prevent users from performing unauthorized functions. For the iPad, this is called The User-Guided Access Native App.
- If using an Android tablet, we suggest an app such as SureLock Kiosk Lockdown or Kiosk Browser Lockdown.
- Avoid keyboards that could enable hackers to install records to capture users’ keystrokes. Make sure the tablet has a touch screen instead. If a physical keyboard is unavoidable, opt for a special keyboard without function keys (e.g. F1, F4, F9).
- Eliminate external access to cabling or hard drives, USB and serial ports that would allow malicious installation of software or devices.
- If at all possible avoid using a personal tablet for this purpose. Instead we recommend you have a dedicated device for use with the kiosk.
Endless Aisles: There are a number of measures we’ve taken to make sure the Special Ordering Kiosk-Mode is as secure as can be. We do everything we can to prevent a compromised browser/device from being able to apply discounts or divulge the personal information of your customers. Software security measures we’ve implemented include the following:
- Automatic idle timers that clear user sessions, carts, and checkouts
- Ensuring browser forms are cleared when using the back button in navigation
- Dedicated user permission group for kiosk mode that limits the accessibility of the app
- Logout protection—kiosk mode can only be exited via the credentials of another admin user
Please note that Endless Aisles cannot control your hardware and browser settings, so it is important for you to secure them for your customers.
To read more about Kiosk mode, check out this blog post.